Air crew members are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, air crew members rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 43% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy air crew members are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Air crew officer||3.4||$66k|
|Air traffic controller||3.3||$115k|
|Air crew member||3.3||$36k|
|Transit police officer||3.2||$72k|
|Military tactical operations leader||3.2||$40k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are air crew members happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do air crew members find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as air crew members?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are air crew member’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are air crew members making the best use of their abilities?