Bank branch managers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, bank branch managers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy bank branch managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
|Bank branch manager||2.8||$105k|
|Compensation and benefits manager||2.7||$115k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are bank branch managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do bank branch managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as bank branch managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are bank branch manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are bank branch managers making the best use of their abilities?