Drug & alcohol counselors are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, drug & alcohol counselors rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 43% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy drug & alcohol counselors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Drug & alcohol counselor||3.3||$32k|
|Community health worker||3.2||$39k|
|Mental health counselor||3.1||$36k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are drug & alcohol counselors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do drug & alcohol counselors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as drug & alcohol counselors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are drug & alcohol counselor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are drug & alcohol counselors making the best use of their abilities?