Hosts and hostesses are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, hosts and hostesses rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 4% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy hosts and hostesses are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Host and hostess||2.5||$22k|
|Postal service worker||2.4||$39k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are hosts and hostesses happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do hosts and hostesses find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as hosts and hostesses?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are host and hostess’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are hosts and hostesses making the best use of their abilities?