Housekeeping cleaners are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, housekeeping cleaners rate their career happiness 2.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 2% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy housekeeping cleaners are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Postal service clerk||2.3||$44k|
|Customer service representative||2.3||$29k|
|Insurance sales agent||2.3||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are housekeeping cleaners happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do housekeeping cleaners find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as housekeeping cleaners?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are housekeeping cleaner’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are housekeeping cleaners making the best use of their abilities?