Marriage therapists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, marriage therapists rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 47% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy marriage therapists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Drug & alcohol counselor||3.3||$32k|
|Mental health counselor||3.1||$36k|
|Family social worker||2.8||$46k|
|Substance abuse social worker||2.7||$45k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are marriage therapists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do marriage therapists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as marriage therapists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are marriage therapist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are marriage therapists making the best use of their abilities?
Are marriage therapists happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a marriage therapist. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.