Medical and clinical laboratory technicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical and clinical laboratory technicians rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 27% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical and clinical laboratory technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$74k|
|Hearing aid specialist||2.9||$53k|
|Medical appliance technician||2.9||$41k|
|Ophthalmic medical technician||2.9||$35k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical and clinical laboratory technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical and clinical laboratory technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical and clinical laboratory technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical and clinical laboratory technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical and clinical laboratory technicians making the best use of their abilities?