Medical and clinical laboratory technologists are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical and clinical laboratory technologists rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 16% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical and clinical laboratory technologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cardiovascular technologist and technician||2.9||$58k|
|Orthotist and prosthetist||2.9||$68k|
|Clinical research coordinator||2.8||$112k|
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
|Medical and clinical laboratory technologist||2.8||$46k|
|Medical administrative assistant||2.8||$27k|
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$73k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical and clinical laboratory technologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical and clinical laboratory technologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical and clinical laboratory technologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical and clinical laboratory technologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical and clinical laboratory technologists making the best use of their abilities?