Orthotists and prosthetists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, orthotists and prosthetists rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 21% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy orthotists and prosthetists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Ophthalmic medical technician||2.9||$35k|
|Cardiovascular technologist and technician||2.9||$58k|
|Orthotist and prosthetist||2.9||$68k|
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are orthotists and prosthetists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do orthotists and prosthetists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as orthotists and prosthetists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are orthotist and prosthetist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are orthotists and prosthetists making the best use of their abilities?