Principals rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, principals rate their career happiness 3.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 28% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy principals are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Physical education teacher||3.5||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are principals happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do principals find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as principals?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are principal’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are principals making the best use of their abilities?