Food product development technicians are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, food product development technicians rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 16% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy food product development technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Registered dietitian nutritionist||2.9||$61k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are food product development technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do food product development technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as food product development technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are food product development technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are food product development technicians making the best use of their abilities?