What is it like being a psychologist?
There are positive and negative aspects to any career, and a career in psychology is no different.
Some negative aspects:
- it can be emotionally draining
- the job can sometimes be frustrating (many clients don't come back after the first visit)
- it takes time to get established in a community for private practice
- it can be professionally isolating if in private practice
Some positive aspects:
- psychology is a diverse field offering many opportunities
- it is mainly a nine to five work schedule
- getting to see the results of your work is rewarding
- it is dependable work once established within a community
Find your compatibility
Would you make a good ? CareerExplorer's free assessment reveals your exact compatibility with this career, your strengths, and any unique areas of interest.Take the career test