Registered dietitian nutritionists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, registered dietitian nutritionists rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 26% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy registered dietitian nutritionists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Physical therapist assistant||3.2||$53k|
|Food science technologist||3.1||$69k|
|Occupational therapist assistant||3.0||$51k|
|Registered dietitian nutritionist||2.9||$61k|
|Food safety and quality technician||2.9||$36k|
|Home health aide||2.8||$22k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are registered dietitian nutritionists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do registered dietitian nutritionists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as registered dietitian nutritionists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are registered dietitian nutritionist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are registered dietitian nutritionists making the best use of their abilities?