Shipping/Receiving clerks are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, shipping/receiving clerks rate their career happiness 2.4 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 4% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy shipping/receiving clerks are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cargo and freight agent||2.7||$44k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are shipping/receiving clerks happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do shipping/receiving clerks find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as shipping/receiving clerks?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are shipping/receiving clerk’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are shipping/receiving clerks making the best use of their abilities?