Technical support specialists are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, technical support specialists rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy technical support specialists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$83k|
|Quality assurance analyst||2.8||$41k|
|Technical support specialist||2.8||$49k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are technical support specialists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do technical support specialists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as technical support specialists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are technical support specialist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are technical support specialists making the best use of their abilities?
Are technical support specialists happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a technical support specialist. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.