CareerExplorer is the place to find your passion in life. Our mission is to connect every single person with the career they are meant to be in. We believe that the way the world approaches career discovery needs to be fundamentally changed. At CareerExplorer - we care about two things; building a great company, and helping every single user find what they are meant to do.
We're looking for people to help us achieve our vision. We are committed to building a cutting-edge technology company where people love to work and can be as productive as possible. After all, if we are helping people find what they love to do - shouldn’t we be intensely passionate about the work we are doing? We have a culture of optimizing for learning and growth as we strive to continually improve as individuals and as a team.
We are located in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia - and are working with some of the smartest people in the field of career discovery. We work very, very hard each day to achieve our mission - and will stop at nothing to achieve it. If you are interested in fundamentally changing the way humans approach career development; using neuroscience, psychology, technology and design - please contact us! We are currently hiring engineers and product designers.
We are seeking self-motivated, engaging and “driven to win” individuals who are persuasive, thoughtful and articulate to join our small but growing sales organization.
In an Inside Sales role at CareerExplorer, you will be helping expand the number of schools using our tools to guide students toward successful, fulfilling careers; you will be instrumental in building partnerships with high schools, school districts, community colleges and universities.
Inside Sales Reps (ISRs) will generate qualified opportunities, securing and participating in product presentations; and ultimately closing new partnerships. Team members will receive all the training, tools, and resources necessary to be successful in selling CareerExplorer's school solutions.
This position provides the flexibility of working from home, and successful members of the team will have significant, near-term opportunity to grow into leadership roles.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- A proven track record within an SDR/ISR role
- Background in education technology sales and/or SaaS sales background
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software to manage accounts and sales activities
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
We are open to training compelling candidates who have clearly demonstrated the traits and skills required for success in non-sales contexts.
Compensation will include both base salary and performance-based bonus.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are focused on building a culture with strong engineering values and goals because we believe that it is the key to building a great company and product. We use continuous deployment that gets checked in goes live to production within minutes, no matter what time it is. As a web developer at CareerExplorer, you will be responsible for building, optimizing and maintaining the platform, as well as laying the foundation for a scalable, flexible, data-driven platform.
Currently open positions:
CareerExplorer is looking for a Front-End engineer to help us improve upon our world-class career test as well as helping us continuously evolve our Front-End stack.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and improving existing user interfaces
- Creating React component libraries for use in a multi-service environment
- Developing and maintaining test coverage for our front-end code
- Translating designs from our design team into functional web applications
- Solid knowledge of semantic and accessible HTML5
- Solid knowledge of SASS/SCSS
- Experience with Git and Github
- Familiarity with HTML templating engines, like Django
- Understanding of HTTP/HTTP2
- Familiarity with using InVision and Sketch
- Familiarity with module bundlers, like Webpack
- Familiarity working in a test-driven environment
- Familiarity with analytics platforms, like Mixpanel
- Understanding of CDNs like CloudFront and Cloudinary
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines (We use CircleCI)
- Docker experience
- Working knowledge of AWS, including:
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon S3
- Amazon ECS
- Amazon ECR
- Amazon EC2
- Knowledge of Terraform
Send examples of your work, code samples or resume (or your Github profile) to email@example.com
At CareerExplorer, we believe that design drives emotion. And we can only succeed if we manage to deliver an environment that is conducive to learning, discovering and growing. People need to emotionally resonate with the product - wanting to share it with their friends and spend a lot of time exploring the content we offer. We are a design-focused company, from the psychology of UX work all the way to pixel perfect code. You will help shape and drive the product every single day.
What We Look For:
- Strong portfolio including self-started projects
- Extraordinary product, interaction, and visual design talent
- Curiosity and passion for crafting amazing, beautiful experiences
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain your design decisions
- Substantial experience designing interactive online products Ability to build what you design (familiarity with Python a plus)
- You should be ready to make CareerExplorer the primary focus of your life
You should be comfortable with autonomy and ownership of large areas of the product but open to and interested in gathering feedback. An ideal candidate will have the potential to grow into a strong leadership role over time.
Send examples of your work, code samples or resume (or your Dribbble, Github, Forrst, etc... profile) to firstname.lastname@example.org