Ethical hackers are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, ethical hackers rate their career happiness 4.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 8% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy ethical hackers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are ethical hackers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do ethical hackers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as ethical hackers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are ethical hacker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are ethical hackers making the best use of their abilities?