Geneticists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, geneticists rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 48% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy geneticists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Clinical research coordinator||2.8||$112k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are geneticists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do geneticists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as geneticists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are geneticist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are geneticists making the best use of their abilities?