Video game designers are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, video game designers rate their career happiness 4.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 3% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy video game designers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Video game creative director||4.5||$90k|
|Video game level editor||4.3||$90k|
|Video game designer||4.2||$90k|
|Video game producer||4.1||$90k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are video game designers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do video game designers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as video game designers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are video game designer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are video game designers making the best use of their abilities?
Are video game designers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a video game designer. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.