Auto repair technicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, auto repair technicians rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 31% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy auto repair technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Auto body repairer||3.0||$40k|
|Power plant operator||3.0||$82k|
|Auto repair technician||3.0||$40k|
|Facility maintenance mechanic||3.0||$54k|
|Oil and gas rotary drill operator||2.9||$55k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are auto repair technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do auto repair technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as auto repair technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are auto repair technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are auto repair technicians making the best use of their abilities?