Molecular biologists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, molecular biologists rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 46% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy molecular biologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are molecular biologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do molecular biologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as molecular biologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are molecular biologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are molecular biologists making the best use of their abilities?