Ship loaders are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, ship loaders rate their career happiness 1.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the None.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy ship loaders are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are ship loaders happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do ship loaders find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as ship loaders?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are ship loader’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are ship loaders making the best use of their abilities?