Automotive service technicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, automotive service technicians rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 31% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy automotive service technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Auto body repairer||3.0||$40k|
|Power plant operator||3.0||$82k|
|Automotive service technician||3.0||$40k|
|Industrial machinery mechanic||3.0||$54k|
|Oil and gas rotary drill operator||2.9||$55k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are automotive service technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do automotive service technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as automotive service technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are automotive service technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are automotive service technicians making the best use of their abilities?