Biochemists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, biochemists rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 44% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy biochemists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are biochemists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do biochemists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as biochemists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are biochemist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are biochemists making the best use of their abilities?