Computer systems administrators are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, computer systems administrators rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 38% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy computer systems administrators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are computer systems administrators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do computer systems administrators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as computer systems administrators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are computer systems administrator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are computer systems administrators making the best use of their abilities?