Cytogenetic technologists are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, cytogenetic technologists rate their career happiness 2.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 7% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy cytogenetic technologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Nuclear medicine technologist||2.7||$78k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are cytogenetic technologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do cytogenetic technologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as cytogenetic technologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are cytogenetic technologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are cytogenetic technologists making the best use of their abilities?