Dyeing machine operators are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, dyeing machine operators rate their career happiness 2.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 1% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy dyeing machine operators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Petroleum pump system operator||2.3||$74k|
|Drill press operator||2.3||$39k|
|Postal service clerk||2.3||$44k|
|Molding and casting worker||2.3||$34k|
|Dyeing machine operator||2.2||$29k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are dyeing machine operators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do dyeing machine operators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as dyeing machine operators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are dyeing machine operator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are dyeing machine operators making the best use of their abilities?