Humanitarians are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, humanitarians rate their career happiness 3.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 18% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy humanitarians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Industrial organizational psychologist||3.9||$93k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are humanitarians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do humanitarians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as humanitarians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are humanitarian’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are humanitarians making the best use of their abilities?