Materials scientists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, materials scientists rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 45% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy materials scientists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Food science technologist||3.1||$69k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are materials scientists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do materials scientists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as materials scientists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are materials scientist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are materials scientists making the best use of their abilities?