Tour guides rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, tour guides rate their career happiness 3.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 23% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy tour guides are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are tour guides happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do tour guides find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as tour guides?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are tour guide’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are tour guides making the best use of their abilities?