Athletic trainers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, athletic trainers rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 41% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy athletic trainers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Physical education teacher||3.5||$63k|
|Fitness and wellness coordinator||3.5||$74k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are athletic trainers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do athletic trainers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as athletic trainers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are athletic trainer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are athletic trainers making the best use of their abilities?