Atmospheric scientists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, atmospheric scientists rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 49% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy atmospheric scientists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Soil and water conservationist||3.2||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are atmospheric scientists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do atmospheric scientists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as atmospheric scientists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are atmospheric scientist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are atmospheric scientists making the best use of their abilities?