Auto body repairers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, auto body repairers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 32% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy auto body repairers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Wind turbine services technician||3.2||$53k|
|Auto body repairer||3.0||$40k|
|Power plant operator||3.0||$82k|
|Automotive service technician||3.0||$40k|
|Industrial machinery mechanic||3.0||$54k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are auto body repairers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do auto body repairers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as auto body repairers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are auto body repairer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are auto body repairers making the best use of their abilities?