Biomedical engineers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, biomedical engineers rate their career happiness 3.4 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 40% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy biomedical engineers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Wind energy engineer||3.4||$99k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are biomedical engineers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do biomedical engineers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as biomedical engineers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are biomedical engineer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are biomedical engineers making the best use of their abilities?