Biotechnicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, biotechnicians rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 40% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy biotechnicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Magnetic resonance imaging technologist||3.1||$73k|
|Food science technologist||3.1||$69k|
|Occupational health specialist||2.9||$73k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are biotechnicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do biotechnicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as biotechnicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are biotechnician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are biotechnicians making the best use of their abilities?