Budget analysts are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, budget analysts rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 17% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy budget analysts are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
|Bank branch manager||2.8||$105k|
|Securities and commodities broker||2.7||$62k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are budget analysts happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do budget analysts find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as budget analysts?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are budget analyst’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are budget analysts making the best use of their abilities?