Chief executives are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, chief executives rate their career happiness 3.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 13% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy chief executives are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are chief executives happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do chief executives find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as chief executives?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are chief executive’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are chief executives making the best use of their abilities?