Commercial artists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, commercial artists rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 44% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy commercial artists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Motion picture projectionist||3.3||$25k|
|Painting, coating & decorating worker||3.2||$29k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are commercial artists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do commercial artists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as commercial artists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are commercial artist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are commercial artists making the best use of their abilities?