Composers are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, composers rate their career happiness 4.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 4% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy composers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are composers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do composers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as composers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are composer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are composers making the best use of their abilities?