Construction managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, construction managers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy construction managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
|Customer success manager||2.9||$46k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are construction managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do construction managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as construction managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are construction manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are construction managers making the best use of their abilities?
Are construction managers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a construction manager. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.