Cryptanalysts are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, cryptanalysts rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy cryptanalysts are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are cryptanalysts happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do cryptanalysts find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as cryptanalysts?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are cryptanalyst’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are cryptanalysts making the best use of their abilities?