Dog trainers are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, dog trainers rate their career happiness 3.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 13% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy dog trainers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are dog trainers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do dog trainers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as dog trainers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are dog trainer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are dog trainers making the best use of their abilities?