Electrical engineers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, electrical engineers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 40% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy electrical engineers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Social media manager||3.1||$31k|
|Informatics nurse specialist||3.1||$89k|
|Digital marketing specialist||3.1||$39k|
|Computer systems administrator||3.1||$75k|
|Search engine optimization specialist||3.1||$39k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are electrical engineers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do electrical engineers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as electrical engineers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are electrical engineer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are electrical engineers making the best use of their abilities?
Are electrical engineers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be an electrical engineer. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.