Elevator mechanics are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, elevator mechanics rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy elevator mechanics are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Auto body repairer||3.0||$40k|
|Power plant operator||3.0||$82k|
|Automotive service technician||3.0||$40k|
|Industrial machinery mechanic||3.0||$54k|
|Oil and gas rotary drill operator||2.9||$55k|
|Mining machine operator||2.7||$55k|
|Recreational vehicle service technician||2.6||$39k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are elevator mechanics happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do elevator mechanics find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as elevator mechanics?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are elevator mechanic’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are elevator mechanics making the best use of their abilities?