Food safety and quality technicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, food safety and quality technicians rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 21% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy food safety and quality technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Occupational health specialist||2.9||$73k|
|Registered dietitian nutritionist||2.9||$61k|
|Agricultural and food science technician||2.9||$41k|
|Food safety and quality technician||2.9||$36k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are food safety and quality technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do food safety and quality technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as food safety and quality technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are food safety and quality technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are food safety and quality technicians making the best use of their abilities?