Front-End developers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, front-end developers rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 45% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy front-end developers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are front-end developers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do front-end developers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as front-end developers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are front-end developer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are front-end developers making the best use of their abilities?