Industrial production managers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, industrial production managers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 19% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy industrial production managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
|Quality control inspector||2.8||$48k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are industrial production managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do industrial production managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as industrial production managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are industrial production manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are industrial production managers making the best use of their abilities?