Medical assistants are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical assistants rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 50% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical assistants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Community health worker||3.2||$39k|
|Physical therapist assistant||3.2||$53k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical assistants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical assistants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical assistants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical assistant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical assistants making the best use of their abilities?