Park rangers rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, park rangers rate their career happiness 3.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 23% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy park rangers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Forest and conservation worker||3.7||$30k|
|Soil and plant scientist||3.4||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are park rangers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do park rangers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as park rangers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are park ranger’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are park rangers making the best use of their abilities?