Quality control inspectors are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, quality control inspectors rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 16% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy quality control inspectors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Quarry rock splitter||2.9||$36k|
|Water treatment plant operator||2.9||$48k|
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
|Quality control inspector||2.8||$48k|
|Sheet metal worker||2.7||$49k|
|Tool and die maker||2.7||$54k|
|Mining machine operator||2.7||$55k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are quality control inspectors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do quality control inspectors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as quality control inspectors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are quality control inspector’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are quality control inspectors making the best use of their abilities?